Senior Network Engineer
- Columbus, OH
**** Accepting EAD holders and H1B transfers *****
Location: Columbus, OH/ Central Ohio – must be available for hybrid work from home and on-site.
SUMMARY: Maintains the integrity, reliability, and performance of the existing network as well as developing new designs to support the future growth of the network; responsible for the configuration, operation, and administration of network server hardware, operating systems, and communications links.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists users to achieve optimum use of their computer networks by performing needs analysis, procurement support, installation, and problem resolution for the local and wide area networks.
- Defines and implements solutions to integrate desktop and shared devices into local and wide area networks and/or other host-based networks.
- Recommends appropriate computer tools to users, including equipment software, documentation, and training.
- Analyze users’ needs; recommend appropriate network configurations to meet users’ needs and departmental standards.
- Implements and maintains bridges, routers, gateways, remote access servers, domain servers, security firewalls, application and device servers and Internet or Intranet devices and connections.
- Designs, configures, monitors, and optimizes local and wide area networks for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable costs.
- Configures and troubleshoots various technologies and protocols, such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, IPsec, LACP, VLANs, DHCP, ISCSI, VoIP, ESXi, etc.
- Designs, implements, and maintains 10Gb SAN networks for virtualization with VMware EXSi.
- Performs preventative and fault isolation maintenance on the local and wide area networks.
- Performs file maintenance on servers, domains, electronic post offices, and user files and/or databases.
- Design, configures, maintains, and manages network security features for local and wide area networks.
- Configures, monitors, and maintains anti-virus programs to ensure network and systems integrity; adds and deletes users as required on network servers and applications.
- Maintains up-to-date expertise in the operation and application of standard microcomputer software and a working knowledge of a variety of commonly used hardware and software.
- Manages backup infrastructure for customers, including setup, troubleshooting, and daily documentation.
- Reviews vulnerability scans and remediate any issues, along with documenting all issues and remediations for client knowledge.
- Patches client servers on a monthly basis and documents all successes and failures for client knowledge.
- Assesses Client environments and producing technical documentation for recommendations.
- Participates in Project Planning and serves as Project Lead on Client projects.
- Mentors more junior technical staff to help develop a stronger team of technology professionals.
- Serves as an escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Interacts with Vendors for quoting of solutions, development of recommendations, selection and implementation of tools, and escalated technical support.
- Serves as pre-sales engineer to help educate clients and close new business.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in related field, six to eight years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Core Infrastructure, ITIL Foundation.
- Proficiency network infrastructure design, configuration, and implementation.
- Proficiency with at least two of the following technologies: Cisco, SonicWall, Sophos, and Meraki infrastructure solutions.
- Familiarity with Zyxel, Juniper, and Aruba infrastructure solutions is desired.
- Proficiency with VMware environments.
- Cyber Security experience is a plus; investigating, troubleshooting, and remediating network/system security related issues and developing solutions/strategies to protect against security threats. Experience with NIST Frameworks also a plus.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot various technologies and protocols, such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, IPsec, LACP, VLANs, DHCP, ISCSI, VoIP, ESXi, etc.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining 10Gb SAN networks for virtualization with VMware EXSi.
- Experience working with SAN-based Data Stores.
- Must possess working knowledge of and direct experience with network design and troubleshooting; routing, bridging, and gateways; Internet web site applications and servers; LAN support; hardware/software.