Sr. UI Front End Engineer
- Ellicott City, MD
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement user-centric features for business-critical web and headless applications.
- Translate user stories and technical requirements into functional code.
- Implement re-usable front-end application components and microservices.
- Provide subject matter expertise and direction on front-end application architecture and UI design.
- Partner with other Engineers, UX Designers, Product Managers, and customers to refine and build complex products.
- Support fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and internal tools and processes advancement.
- Coordinate with Back-End Engineers on web services design.
- Follow software-engineering best practices in usability, code quality, test coverage, source control, and CI/CD.
- Help build and deliver business solutions to our customers that support the streamlining and automation of various pieces in the ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience building dashboards, themes, reusable components, knowledge of application theming (dark/light theming), and MaterialUI for React are assets.
- Experience or knowledge with GraphQL and REST API.
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (e.g., AWS, Google, Azure)
- Experience with designing and building automated services, such as CI/CD.
- A strong understanding of modern HTML and CSS.
- Experience with D3 or other data visualization libraries.
- Experience building wireframes and mockups are an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
What you can expect from us:
- Energetic and collaborative environment
- Full remote
- Direct hire
- Modern stack
- Competitive salary
- No security clearance required
- Retirement plan