Software Engineering Manager
- Washington, DC
Whizport’s mission is to give IT professionals the power to build dream careers and work with innovative companies to make a real difference. We specialize in matching IT professionals offering contract, contingent, and retained search capabilities working in the strictest confidence.
We're looking for a software engineering manager to lead our high-performing tech team and helping us in building incredible digital products. You will be in charge of a team that is building the future of our websites, content management system, virtual events platform, audience database, and other products and technologies.
You will help us in thinking through our architecture, growing and developing the team, and honing our procedures in order to take on a variety of growth projects. We're growing quickly, which opens up a slew of new opportunities for expanding and consolidating our tech stack.
- Manage our software engineering team through the software development life cycle. Provide overall technical direction and leadership.
- Hire, manage, mentor, and engage software engineers. Coach junior developers, encourage collaboration and cross-training on the team, and identify areas for higher performance. Foster career growth and a healthy team culture.
- Collaborate with product managers to vet and manage tech vendors and outsourcing partners.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and your team to prioritize stories, estimate them, plan them for sprints, and keep them on track for delivery.
- Work with other teams to plan, communicate, and execute seamless project releases. Ensure that all projects are of high quality and delivered on time.
- Collaborate with the Product team to improve our Agile ceremonies and processes.
- At least three years of management experience in an Agile context is required. Experience writing performance reviews, mentoring, managing daily operations, and setting/meeting KPIs for a development team.
- Experience with Django/Python is a must.
- Experience working on business applications such as CMS, audience database, and web applications.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to encourage a team to do their best job while meeting deadlines.
- The capacity to manage many projects and priorities simultaneously, evaluating tradeoffs and directing resources where they will have the greatest impact on the business.
- The ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices such as OWASP Standard.
Job Status: Open