Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
User-focused designers. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients’ lives.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing software that helps change patients’ lives.
What you will do
As an Staff Design Engineer, you will be a part of a motivated team who has a passion for everything they do. In this role, you will be focused on development and production of advanced surgical power tools and appliances with electronic controls. You will support projects in algorithm development and define algorithm programming. You will also work on existing applications and have to be able to ramp up, enhance, debug and assume responsibility for existing C++ applications. You will be designing and developing embedded software for real-time systems. When you receive new applications you will need to be able to receive description, create user story, requirements, software architecture, software design, unit tests and informal testing.
What you need
• Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
• 4+ years of relevant industry experience
• Strong C and C++ (application development) and Linux (operating system)
• Experience in algorithm development
• Additional skills that are a plus (any mix of the following): C++11, Template programming, C#, Design Patterns, Python, CMake, Boost, Lua, Gmock, Perforce