- Pontiac, MI
The individual will be responsible for the design of electronic assemblies for aerospace and military applications such as engine controls, motor controls, power converters, sensors, and actuators.This is an exciting opportunity to work on high tech, cutting edge products and have a high degree of ownership of your designs. Responsibilities also include:
- Develop and manage PCB component libraries.
- Define design rules for part placement and routing.
- Define PCB materials and board stackup that meets the functional requirements of the board.
- Prepare board layouts and part placement based on design rules.
- Prepare board fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, panelization drawings, BOMs, and manufacturing design data packages.
- Support purchasing of circuit boards, circuit board assemblies, and electronic components.
- The PCB Designer will work with other engineers on the mechanical and thermal design of the electronic assemblies and to perform trade studies on the board design to determine the best design.
- Provide direction and training to and check work of less experienced PCB tool users.
- Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art design trends, PCB materials, fabrication processes, and assembly processes.
- The candidate must be able to work independently and be able to manage multiple projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in PCB layout.
- Experience with Altium Designer (or equivalent ECAD software).
- Knowledge of IPC standard and requirements for rigid, rigid-flex and flex type designs.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC design considerations and design for high reliability, high temperature, and harsh environment applications is required.
- Knowledge and experience with high voltage and high current circuit board design for power electronics.
- Knowledge and experience with digital and analog circuit board design.
- The candidate should have good knowledge of manufacturing processes for circuit boards fabrication and circuit board assembly and be able to work with suppliers to ensure manufacturability and quality while minimizing cost.
- Experience in performing signal integrity analysis and power integrity analysis of circuit board designs is preferred.
- The candidate should have sufficient knowledge of mechanical CAD software in order to share PCB design data with mechanical engineers.
- IPC circuit board designer certification (CID or CID+) is preferred but not required.
- Military/Aerospace experience is preferred, but not required.
- U.S. citizenship is required
Thursday, May 16, 2019