- Kalamazoo, MI
Job Description / Information
A lead software design engineering position in the R&D department focused on development and production of advanced surgical power tools and appliances with electronic controls.
- Design and develop embedded software for real-time systems.
- Generate software requirements specifications.
- Perform risk analysis and develop mitigation strategies.
- Define software architecture configurations and evaluate them against requirements.
- Design software algorithm alternatives and evaluate them against requirements.
- Create, implement, and developmentally test code.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related software focused engineering curriculum.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Professional C++ design experience including object oriented design, inheritance, virtual classes and methods.
- Linux application development
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Experience Preferred:
- Time critical, real-time software development
- Algorithm / numerically intensive programming development
- Experience developing software in a regulated industry
- RTOS experience
- Experience developing software to control multi-actuator, electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in all phases of software development, from concept generation through production
- Systems engineering knowledge and experience
- Understanding of software reliability, fault detection/isolation, and performance algorithm techniques.
- Experience with medical device development and manufacturing.
- Bonus Experience:
- C++11 features
- Template programming
- Design patterns
- x86 driver development for Linux, Windows or other x86 Operating Systems
- Windows application development
- Unit testing framework (e.g. gtest or cppunit )
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes
Tuesday, June 5, 2018