- Plymouth, MI
Summary Sets up and operates all manual tool room equipment such as bridgeports and lathes to perform various machine functions, such as turning, cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic workpieces by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manual grinding experience 10+ years
- Manual machining experience – Bridgeport & lathe 10+ years
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Prepares and pre-sets all tools needed for machining operations.
- Verifies that fixture setup meets acceptable quality standards regarding milling and boring sizes, depths, angles, or other specifications.
- Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and workpiece on machine.
- Assembles cutting tools in toolholders and positions toolholders in machine magazines.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Conducts prove-outs during setups as needed.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions when machine malfunctions.
- Discusses errors with supervisor to resolve problems.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts.
- Performs machine maintenance.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Friday, June 15, 2018