- Ann Arbor, MI
Day to day responsibilities:
- Systems engineering responsible for entire battery pack
- Mechanical engineering responsible for entire pack, including DVP&R development and test management, driving electrical team for solutions, developing requirements and test specifications
- Support CAD detailing and development of existing packs (will be initial assignment coming into the group)
- Utilize SolidWorks CAD software to design the mechanical and electrical components of battery packs for commercial and industrial applications including bussbars, housings, brackets, gaskets, terminal blocks, thermal analysis, stack-ups, mfg design changes, resource to support purchasing suppliers, warranty analysis, and wiring harnesses.
- Perform thermal and structural analysis utilizing the SolidWorks Simulation software.
- Select coatings, adhesives, fasteners, gaskets and material properties for the battery components and system.
- Develop and manage BOMs, build books on new designs, build prototypes and engineering packs
Technical Skills required: (i.e. software, hardware, etc):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 5yrs min years of work experience (preferred 7).
- Proficient in Solidworks CAD software and Simulation/Analysis packages.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in GD&T.
- Experience in sheet metal, casting, injection molding or insert molding a plus.
- Knowledge of DFMEAs.
- Knowledge of FEA and thermal analysis a plus
- Knowledge in the use and application of FARO (portable coordinate measuring machine) tools a plus
Thursday, May 23, 2019