Sr Linux Administrator
- New York, NY
Our client has an immediate need for a Sr Linux Administrator. This role will be located downtown Manhattan within walking distance of several subway stations.
This client provides real-time communications services to thousands of businesses and developers. We maintain a fast-paced "startup" environment and keep meetings to a minimum. This is a geographically distributed Internet service, deployed on clusters of virtualized Linux systems. We use open standards SIP and WebRTC to enable quality real-time communications between browsers, mobile devices, office phones, and voice applications.
As part of the engineering team you will work closely with a team of motivated and talented software developers and network engineers to deliver an award-winning SIP and WebRTC based service to our customers. You will be involved in all aspects of the maintenance and administration of this platform.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and scale infrastructure for reliable product operations
- Maintain a system with high availability and total uptime of product operations
- Build, maintain, monitor and optimize/improve applications, servers and other backend systems
- Provide 24x7 operational support as part of a weekly on-call rotation
- Keep other teams up to date on system maintenance and downtime
- Keep up to date on new and emerging technologies
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, however equivalent experience may be substituted for education
- RHCSA or RHCA preferred, but not required
- AWS / GCP certifications preferred, but not required
Experience and Technical Skills
- 5 - 7 years of systems administration experience, specifically working with virtualized Linux servers (RedHat or CentOS)
- Demonstrated experience using and maintaining configuration management servers, Puppet preferred
- Proficiency with at least on scripting language such as Python, Bash, Ansible, etc.
- Comfort level with database administration in MariaDB and / or Cassandra
- Experience with monitoring and analytics tools such as Nagios
- Past experience working in with an Agile development team
- AWS / GCP cloud experience is a plus
Thursday, November 19, 2020