DevOps/Cloud Engineer - Engineer IV, Software – SRE – 100% Remote In USA
- Remote, Remote
- Implement tools and processes necessary to achieve required SLOs for the company Platform.
- Define and implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Automate delivery of platform services using infrastructure-as-a-code. Build self-service playbooks for platform which can be consumed across globally distributed teams at our company
- Define and implement incident response management process, deploy necessary tools.
- Fix support and escalation issues.
- Conduct post-incident reviews.
- Collaborate with application and business stakeholders to ensure high-quality product is developed and deployed in production. Work diligently with other engineering teams to ratify release processes necessary to meet business goals.
- Drive continuous improvement process
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert knowledge of one of the major public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Hands-on programming experience in Python or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Expert knowledge of Infrastructure and Application Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, etc
- Experience implementing IaC concepts using Terraform, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Experience administering Databases
- Expert in Linux administration.
- Expert knowledge of Docker, Helm.
- Experience implementing CI/CD for cloud native applications.
- Experience with deploying applications that utilize Service Mesh
- Experience administering Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience defining and implementing incident response management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; may consider relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years’ experience in software engineering with a degree; 12+ years’ experience in software engineering in lieu of a degree
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of GitOps principals.
- Experience implementing secure and compliant Kubernetes platforms.
- Experience deploying and managing stateful distributed service in Kubernetes.
- Experience with security scanning tools.
- Experience with intrusion detection systems.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Working knowledge of Databricks, Team Foundation Server, TeamCity, Octopus deploys and DataDog
- Corporate office/lab environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Is relocation available?
Is there additional variable compensation?
There is a possibility for sponsorship.
Is this a new position, or a backfill?
There is equity in this position.
Work hours are flexible.
This position has direct reports.
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
Be part of the exciting new team transition to the next generation platform!!
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements of this position?
Proven track record of the following: Deploying cloud native applications into kubernetes Automating complex cloud infrastructure Setting up monitoring of complex cloud infrastructures and perform SRE functions to meet required SLAs Designing and implementation of CI/CD pipelines when it comes cloud native deployments Containerization
Current Salary Range: USD $90,000 – $120,000 / yr/ Salary is dependent on years of experience
Compensation will vary based on region. For the state of Colorado only, expected pay is $97,000 - $125,000
Additional Questions to add to application below: *On Last box on application*
Copy n Paste the following (3) Pre-Screen Questions for further consideration onto the application in the additional questions box below.
* 1. How much experience you have in deploying cloud native applications into kubernetes? # years and how many deployments have you been a part of? 0 of 2000 words
* 2. Do you have experience automating complex cloud infrastructure setting up monitoring of complex cloud infrastructures and perform SRE functions to meet required SLAs? 0 of 2000 words
* 3. Do you have experience designing and implementation of CI/CD pipelines when it comes cloud native deployments? Give details 0 of 2000 words
Monday, January 25, 2021
$90,000 – $120,000