Mental Health Counselor
Pediatric Therapeutic Services, Inc.
- Pottstown, PA
PTS, Inc. is seeking a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Professional (LCMHP) to provide school-based services for a local school district in Pottstown, PA:
- Part-time available; hours fall within a normal school day and will vary depending on primary and secondary caseloads.
- This position follows the school year calendar.
- Great district and supportive, interdisciplinary team!
- No nights or weekends.
- PTS offers job stability and growth through advanced career opportunities.
- We offer competitive rates with reimbursement for documentation, meeting attendance, and report writing.
- This is a 1099 position.
- PTS provides consistent on-site and off-site mentorship with Clinical Directors and Team Leaders.
- School-Based Academy: We provide the support and community a new School-Based therapist needs to feel comfortable and be successful.
- Lending Library: PTS recognizes the additional expense in providing evaluation materials. We have an extensive library of testing tools and assessments for therapists to borrow as needed.
- Team Tuesday: Join our monthly Team Tuesdays for PT via Zoom where you can connect with other PTS professionals to ask questions, share resources, and network.
- Access to our PTS Team website for supports and resources for innovative programming, school and caseload stability, and team collaboration for professional growth.
- Access to our group Facebook page to connect with other PTS therapists to share resources and updates.
- Robust Referral Bonus Program.
- Great company culture- supportive, collaborative, and fun team environment.
Provide comprehensive Mental Health services to students, parents, and school staff, addressing barriers that limit a student from receiving the full benefit of their educational experience. Respond to referrals from school administration, parents, teachers, special education team, and others by providing direct and indirect services and by assisting families in accessing appropriate community resources.
- Provide social-emotional support to students and staff
- Assist with SEL curriculum and resources for the classroom
- Serve on student’s multi-disciplinary teams at assigned schools
- Review student records to identify previous barriers and/or interventions
- Conduct parent interviews to acquire socio-developmental information as needed for special education referrals
- Analyze information gained through record reviews and interviews to determine environmental impacts and appropriate resource needs and report data per district preferred method
- Attend and participate in interdisciplinary meetings to promote collaborative approach to treatment
- Interview students and parents to discuss issues related to non-attendance and develop a plan of action
- Assist the school in developing, maintaining, and or enforcing policies related to excessive absences and truancy; attend student support team meetings
- Develop and implement professional development training for educational staff and parents, as requested
- Provide individual and/or group counseling in response to school-wide crises.
- Participate in professional development activities aimed at current trends and best practices for the provision of comprehensive mental health services
- Maintain an ongoing liaison with community agencies and other resources to meet student needs; refer parents and students to agencies when appropriate
- Perform related work as required
- Masters Degree in related field
- Valid state license for LCMHP where required