Physical Therapist - School Based
Pediatric Therapeutic Services, Inc.
- Shillington, PA
Pediatric Therapeutic Services (PTS) is seeking a full-time Physical Therapist to provide therapy services for a local school district.
- We offer competitive rates with reimbursement for documentation, meeting attendance, and report writing.
- PTS provides consistent on-site and off-site mentorship with Clinical Directors and Team Leaders.
- School-Based Academy: We provide the support and community a new School-Based therapist needs to feel comfortable and be successful.
- Lending Library: PTS recognizes the additional expense in providing evaluation materials. We have an extensive library of testing tools and assessments for therapists to borrow as needed.
- Team Tuesday: Join our monthly Team Tuesdays via Zoom where you can connect with other PTS professionals to ask questions, share resources, and network.
- Access to our PTS Team website for supports and resources for innovative programming, school and caseload stability, and team collaboration for professional growth.
- Screen, assess, and evaluate students using appropriate tests and assessment instruments.
- Plan and provide appropriate specialized physical therapy techniques through individual and/or group sessions designed to meet the educational needs of the student consistent with physical therapy goals contained in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Participate in multi-disciplinary meetings to develop IEPs.
- Evaluate student progress and determine readiness for termination of therapy services.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom-based activities.
- Collaborate with parents in the physical therapy program of their child.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required in accordance with federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and school policy to include documentation for the need for equipment and materials.
- Meet the needs of all students effectively by working in partnership with other disciplines.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and school policy.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of research, theories, and practices associated with the Physical Therapy profession.
Each year the number of students receiving related services under Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) changes and grows. The need for expert clinicians (like you!) to serve these students is the catalyst for PTS’s mission to deliver holistic, comprehensive, education-based therapy services. For over 20 years, PTS has partnered with Independent Contractors that share this same mission. Together we can change the way we help children access their full education and reach their potential!
- Valid state license as a Physical Therapist
- Child Abuse, Federal, and State Clearances