Occupational Therapist - School Based
Pediatric Therapeutic Services, Inc.
- Souderton, PA
Pediatric Therapeutic Services (PTS) is seeking an Itinerant Occupational Therapist (OT) to provide school-based services for a local school district in Souderton, PA. This includes 1 30 minute session per week and there is a 2 hour minimum.
- We offer competitive rates with compensation for direct AND indirect time. Such as, treatment sessions, documentation, meeting attendance, and report writing.
- This is a 1099 position.
- PTS provides consistent on-site and off-site mentorship with Clinical Directors and Team Leaders.
- School-Based Academy: We provide the support and community that a new School-Based therapist needs to feel comfortable and to be successful.
- Lending Library: PTS recognizes the additional expenses in providing evaluation for materials. We have an extensive library of testing tools and assessments for therapist to borrow as needed.
- Team Tuesday: Join our monthly Team Tuesdays via Zoom where you can connect with other PTS professionals to ask questions, share resources, and network.
- Plan and provide appropriate specialized therapy techniques through individual and/or group sessions designed to meet the educational needs of the student consistent with therapy goals contained in Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Screen, evaluate, and document on student levels, strengths, needs, and progress using approved testing and assessment instruments
- Participate in Individualized Education Program (IEP) and multi-disciplinary team meetings to evaluate student needs/progress and to develop and/or revise individualized therapy interventions, objectives, and goals
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required in accordance with federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and school policy to include documentation for the need for equipment and materials
- Meet the needs of all students effectively by working in partnership with other disciplines.
Each year the number of students receiving related services under Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) changes and grows. The need for expert clinicians (like you!) to serve these students is the catalyst for PTS’s mission to deliver holistic, comprehensive, education-based therapy services. For over 20 years, PTS has partnered with Independent Contractors that share this same mission. Together we can change the way we help children access their full education and reach their potential!
- Valid State License as an Occupational Therapist
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Child Abuse, State and Federal Clearances