Welder - $25.00 - $30.00 an hour DOE
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
Immediate need for a highly skilled and responsible Welder / Fabricator. The Welder / Fabricator position is critical to the smooth operation of our heavy/mining equipment repair business.
Knowledge & experience of the weld & metal fabrication process using Dual Shield, MIG & stick welding, is required to ensure workmanship adheres to all company quality policies and procedures.
Benefits for the Welder / Fabricator position include:
- Starting Wage: $25.00 - $30.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 6:00pm approximately 55 hours a week
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract-to-hire”
- Full benefits including health insurance, paid holidays, paid time-off and paid sick-days.
Responsibilities for the Welder / Fabricator position include:
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together. This may include bolts, clamps, and tack-welding of parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using MIG, dual shield and or stick welding equipment.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting. May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
Qualifications for the Fabricator / Welder position include:
- High school diploma or GED plus a minimum of 5-10 years related practical welding experience. Prefer heavy equipment welding, fitting or fabrication experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints & documents such as instructions, procedure manuals and the ability to write routine reports or correspondence
- Must be able to communicate, both verbal and written, effectively with other employees
- Strong with basic algebra & geometry with the ability to solve practical problems.
- Must own proper welding equipment based on experience.
- Must be adept at interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Steel toe boots are required.
Friday, May 10, 2019