Maintenance Technician / Repair Tech
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
A leading local provider of recycling compactors, and containers here in Salt Lake City, UT is in need of an experienced Field Service Tech / Maintenance Tech.
The Repair Tech / Maintenance Tech performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs compactors, bailers and containers throughout Salt Lake, Utah and Davis counties.
Benefits of the Repair Tech / Maintenance Tech position:
- Schedule: Monday – Friday day shift opportunity
- This is a “direct-hire” position and not a “temp” or even “contract-to-hire”
- Wage: $20.00 - $26.00 an hour DOE
- Full benefits offered that include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time-off.
Responsibilities of the Repair Tech / Maintenance Tech:
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems as needed on compactors, balers and containers.
- Utilizes computer electronics systems and diagnostics to interpret failure modes in order to initiate or assign repairs.
- Follows written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. May work for repair manuals as well.
- Estimates time & material costs on compactor, baler and container repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
Qualifications for the Repair Tech / Maintenance Tech position:
- A minimum of Two (2) years of relevant work experience is required. The ideal candidate will be skilled in diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems. Additionally, duties include welding, reporting, driving company vehicle, maintaining inventory on company truck and customer service.
- Previous welding experience preferred.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have a Valid Utah driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Prospective candidates must be at least 18 years of age
In this position as a Repair Tech you will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Monday, March 18, 2019