Smart Home Installer/Installation Technician- $70-$75K (Full Time Traveling Job)
Xemplar Tradesmen Recruiting
- Boise, ID
A growing startup company that specializes in luxury smart home rentals is looking to hire a full-time Smart Home Product Installer / Installation Technician to work on the setup and maintenance of their smart home properties across the Western United States.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced team at a rapidly-developing company that will take you to some of the most beautiful locations in our country. If you are willing to travel full-time and have at least 2-3 years of experience in home renovations, construction, residential remodeling, or residential technology installation this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Benefits of the Smart Home Installer/Installation Technician position include:
- Starting Salary: $70,000 a year
- Company Truck or a $600 a month stipend to buy your own vehicle
- A robust benefits package that includes: "Company Paid" health, dental, & vision insurance, 401K with company match.
- All food, lodging, and gas expenses are covered.
- Equity in the company.
Qualifications for the Smart Home Installer/Installation Technician position include:
- 1-3 years of experience in smart home installation and/or service and their web & smartphone applications are required. Residential smart home technology installation is preferred.
- Installation of smart home technologies that may include running wire, painting, drywall, install security cameras and motion detectors.
- Comfortable working in attics or limited space areas and climbing up ladders or working on a rooftop.
- Previous experience working for Vivint, Home Depot, Lowes, or similar home improvement stores is a plus.
- Self-starter and able to operate independently with limited direct supervision
- Willing to travel 95-100% of the time to beautiful locations (Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, etc) for up to 3-weeks at a time.
- Possesses a valid driver's license, clean driving record, and is able to navigate long distances
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Able to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize appropriately
- Team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Able to lift occasionally up to 80 pounds
- Interested in long-term employment and career development in a growing company with a tight-knit culture
- The ideal candidate will have basic hand tools, a tool belt, and a tape measure. Cordless power tools are a plus but not required.
Responsibilities for the Smart Home Installer/Installation Technician position include:
- Install multiple smart home products in rental properties and ensure all products are properly synched & operating correctly.
- Performs lock changes, rekeys, and other minor repairs/modifications to ensure all smart home components are working properly.
- Installs smart thermostats in the homes and ensures connectivity to the smart home system and proper HVAC functions.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with smart home components that are not online or have persistent issues.
- Serves as the point of contact for the smart home product lines.
- Manages the inventory intake and deployment of all smart home products for the area.
- Ability to work in multiple web-based client systems.
- Working with the operations team to add smart home products, modify walls, hang decor, etc.
- Overseeing smart home product acquisition and delivery, which may include traveling to geographically-dispersed warehouses to coordinate pick-ups
- Collaborating with operations to enhance guest experience and resolve any issues that arise during a guest’s stay
- Maintaining regular communications with the Operations Director to provide updates on progress and insights for future operations planning
- Traveling on-site to each home to execute operations
Monday, April 18, 2022