Mechanic / Equipment Tech - $18.00 - $24.00 an hour DOE
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- West Valley City, UT
One of the largest independent trash haulers in the Western United States is currently seeking swing shift truck mechanic for a direct-hire position. This truck mechanic position is with a reputable company that has never forgotten their commitment to the customer or to their employees.
Benefits of the Mechanic / Equipment Tech position include:
- Wage: $18.00 - $24.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 1:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Excellent benefits that include health, dental & vision insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time off.
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or even “contract-to-hire” one.
Responsibilities & Duties for the Mechanic / Equipment Tech position include:
- Conduct inspections and diagnostic tests to identify worn and damaged parts.
- Complete preventive maintenance schedules; installing the component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion and completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies.
- Able to remove, repair, adjust, assemble, disassemble, and replace major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems.
- Ability to work with power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, and hydraulics.
- Complete machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
Qualifications for the Mechanic / Equipment Tech position include:
- Prefer a minimum of 2+ years of previous mechanic experience. Truck, trailer, or rental equipment experience helpful.
- Computer diagnostic knowledge and technical understanding of motors, drivetrain, suspension, hydraulics, and electrical systems required.
- Attention to detail.
- Stable work history.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have your own tools based on your experience.
Monday, May 6, 2019