Burn Table Operator
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- West Valley City, UT
Currently looking an entry-level or experienced Burn Table Operator / Machine Operator for a steel manufacturing company. Ideal candidates will have previous burn table / plasma cutter & Oxy Fuel or Flame Cutting experience and an “acceptable” work history for this opportunity.
Benefits for the Burn Table Operator / Machine Operator position:
- Starting salary for this position is $15.00 - $24.0 an hour DOE
- Shift: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 3:30pm
- Excellent benefits that include health & dental insurance, 401k and paid time off.
- Work uniforms after 90 days
- Team-oriented work environment
Responsibilities of the Burn Table Operator / Machine Operator position:
- This position is responsible for identifying different grades of material with the ability to accurately read measuring tools and perform lifting using an overhead crane and/or forklift
- Set up and operate plasma burn table.
- Other duties may include: saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, and/or straighten metal
- Operate basic measuring equipment (tape measure or calipers)
- At time you may de-burr cut material using a grinder as required
- Responsible for identify material by grade and size
- Safe operation of material handling equipment (forklift & overhead crane)
Qualifications for the Burn Table Operator / Machine Operator position:
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous plasma burn table experience is encouraged but not required. Previous Oxy Fuel or Flame cutting experience a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Previous use of shop math and proficient with a tape measure is required.
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Ability to read blue prints or cut sheets
- Must have steel toe work boots.
Thursday, December 27, 2018