Quality Assurance Technician / CMM Operator - $20-$28 an hour DOE
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Rockford, IL
A growing Rockford, IL state-of-the-art company that supplies the metalworking industry with cutting-edge machine tools and services for aerospace, marine, mass transportation, defense and energy systems, is in need of CMM Operator / Quality Assurance Technician.
This is a “direct-hire” high growth potential opportunity.
Benefits of the CMM Operator / Quality Assurance Technician position:
- Starting Wage: $20.00 - $28.00 an hour DOE
- Excellent benefits including health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time-off.
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity
Responsibilities for the CMM Operator / Quality Assurance Technician position include:
- Verifies that manufactured & purchased parts conform to engineering specifications and drawings utilizing a CMM and manual measuring devices.
- Perform First Article Inspections and work with setup personal to get processes ready for operation.
- Marks up manufactured parts for finish machining operations as required by the manufacturing specifications.
- Provides subassembly personnel with inspection data when adjustments are required to meet final accuracy requirements
- Verifies that subassemblies meet the accuracy requirements specified by engineering specifications and drawings.
- Program CMM’s from part drawings and CadCam data.
- Create inspection reports from gathered data and process Defective Work Tickets
Qualifications for the CMM Operator / Quality Assurance Technician position include:
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience operating CMM machines & manual mechanical inspection of precision-machined components.
- Previous CNC Machinist experience is a plus.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints; some understanding of geometric dimensions & tolerances
- Experience using a wide range of gages and measuring instruments for mechanical inspection
- Must have experience with CMM operation. Zeiss, Hexagon, Nikon or Mitutoyo are preferred.
- Experience programming with PCDMIS is desired but not required.
- Proficient using manual measuring devices/tools.
Friday, February 8, 2019