Controls System Software Engineer
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Rockford, IL
Currently seeking a Controls System Software Engineer on behalf of our client, a leader in the development of advanced machine tools for the aerospace, transportation, energy, and other heavy industries. Highly visible, fast growing company with an extraordinary reputation!
The Control System Engineer will be able to design, develop, code, test and document software for a variety of client applications. Applicants should have a solid track-record of developing software for industrial automation.
Benefits of the Controls System Software Engineer position:
- Highly competitive compensation package.
- Full benefits offered that include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time-off.
Responsibilities of the Controls System Software Engineer position:
- Develops new, complex designs to meet project specifications.
- Supports the development and maintenance of modular logic cross-functional on all products.
- Documents designs using the appropriate format and standards.
- Debugs software modules and systems, also performs simulation checkout of systems.
- Assists production personnel in applying software products.
- Installs software onsite and assists customers in using software products.
- Has responsibility for testing and validation of designs.
- 5% travel is required for this position.
Qualifications for the Controls System Software Engineer position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science.
- In absence of a bachelors degree, 5 or more years of experience in a similar field.
- Must be a self-starter who can perform assigned tasks with little supervision.
- A strong knowledge of machine tool types, their function and typical machining process is required.
- Should have strong mathematical skills, including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus/analytic geometry.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of complex control system architectures and CNC motion control systems.
- Must have experience with PLC languages, Ladder, STL, AWL.
- High-level language programming competency in C, C++, Relay Ladder, and/or Visual Basic is required.
- Knowledge of networking technology is required.
Thursday, February 21, 2019