Lead Installer/Structural Welder $24-$28 HR
Xemplar Tradesmen Recruiting
- Salt Lake City, UT
A local company that fabricates and installs steel staircases, guardrails, handrails, fencing, gates, for commercial apartment projects, is currently hiring for a Lead Structural Steel Erector. This is a direct placement opportunity with a great company that offers the opportunity for growth, leadership, and improvement.
As a Lead Structural Steel Erector, you will be directing a team of welders in a team environment as well as assisting with fabricating different pieces in the shop. You will also be doing installation work and driving company vehicles to different job sites across the valley.
Benefits for the Lead Structural Steel Erector:
- Monday-Friday schedule. (Day:7:00am to 4:30pm)
- Compensation of $24-28 HR DOE
- Benefits include 2 weeks Paid Vacation, 6 Holidays Paid, 401K, Telemed, and Health Incentive Bonus.
Responsibilities for the Lead Structural Steel Erector:
- Analyzes plans, drawings, work samples, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements, sequence of welding assignments.
- Managing a team of welders and installers on job sites.
- Coordinates activities of employees in the welding area.
- Manages welding supplies and material needs.
- MIG weld steel based on specifications and drawings.
- Use hand-held grinders/sanders and power tools to finish welds.
- Installation of railings, stairs, fencing, and other pieces.
- Driving company cars to the job site for installations.
- Working to install Steel beams, Steel girders, and columns to create the frames. Will be welding beams, columns, and girders into place per blueprint instruction.
Requirements for the Lead Structural Steel Erector:
- At least 5 years of Structural Steel erector experience.
- At least 2 years of previous leadership experience.
- Ability to read blueprints or drawings and use manual measuring devices.
- Ability to multi-task various projects with a level of detail.
- Good verbal, written communication skills, as well as excellent shop math skills.
- Positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Valid Drivers license.
Tuesday, July 20, 2021