Maintenance Mechanic - Day Shift
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Waukegan, IL
Immediate need for a M-F 1st-shift Equipment Mechanic / Maintenance Tech to work in a friendly and respectful work environment where innovation, quality, and continuous improvement are top priorities, and where your ideas matter.
The Equipment Machinic / Maintenance Tech will work on equipment that requires familiarity in electrical, electronics, machine repair, machine tools, and robotics with an understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, CNC, programmable logic controls (PLC), and customized personal computer PC controls.
Benefits for the Maintenance Mechanic / Equipment Mechanic position:
- Schedule: Mon – Fri 1st shift or there is a Weekend Shift Sat – Sun 5:30am – 5:30pm. You work 24 hours on Sat & Sun but get paid for working 40 hours each week.
- Starting Wage: $20.00 - $30.00 an hour DOE
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract-to-hire.
- Full Benefits Package that includes affordable health insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays and paid time off.
Job Responsibilities for the Maintenance Mechanic / Equipment Mechanic position:
- Ensure efficient operation of production machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools and other machines to minimize unscheduled downtime of production capabilities.
- Efficiently & effectively respond to malfunctions of machinery & mechanical equipment to minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Constantly monitor mechanical devices in operation to anticipate and prevent potential problems, using measuring and testing instruments as appropriate.
- Remove and replace defective parts by dismantling devices in a safe and efficient manner; use these opportunities to determine what, if any, other procedures should be performed while the equipment is down.
- When timely and economically feasible, fabricate repair parts by using internal resources.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with OSHA and Company procedures, rules, and regulations.
Qualification for the Maintenance Mechanic / Equipment Mechanic position:
- A minimum of 4-years of experience of maintenance of manufacturing/production equipment involving a variety of CNC machining centers, PLC, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Proficient reading and understanding blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, procedure manuals and engineering specifications.
- Ability to work with precision manual measuring instruments and computer diagnostic equipment.
- Strong math skills are also required.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Friday, April 19, 2019