Equipment Technician - $20 - $26 an hour DOE
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
A premier recycling company servicing the Wasatch Front is in need of a self-motivated service technician / equipment mechanic to fill a full-time Monday – Friday “direct-hire” opportunity. This is an opportunity to learn how to work on everything from trucks, trailers, loaders, excavators, mobile cranes to fixed industrial equipment.
Benefits of the Equipment Technician Position:
- Full Benefits offered including Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/AD&D and a Medical Savings Plan, Paid Holidays, 401k and Paid Time Off.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 2:00pm – 10:30pm
- Starting Wage: $20.00 - $26.00 an hour DOE
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract-to-hire” position.
Responsibilities of the Equipment Technician position includes:
- Maintenance on trucks, trailers, bobcats, forklifts, mobile crane, excavators, loaders, fixed industrial equipment and other specialty equipment
- Inspect vehicles or equipment to identify problems
- Perform breakdown repairs and preventative maintenance to improve reliability of equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair various production equipment.
- Majority of work is either hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical repairs.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team, with a positive safety attitude.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
Requirements for the Equipment Technician position:
- 2-year technical school graduate preferred or a minimum of 4-years of experience maintaining and repairing heavy-duty equipment and/or diesel trucks or fixed manufacturing equipment. Must have an Electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Owns and maintains the tools to complete repairs based on experience.
- Effective Problem-solving skills
- Engine repair, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical mobile and fixed equipment experience is required.
- Must have a valid Utah Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record. A current CDL is a plus but not required.
- Previous stick & MIG welding experience is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals is required.
Wednesday, April 10, 2019