Structural Steel Welder/Fitter $22.00-$26.00 HR
Xemplar Tradesmen Recruiting
- Ogden, UT
A local Steel manufacturer is currently in need of an experienced Welder/Fitter to join their team in Ogden, UT.
The Welder/FItter will only do wire feed welding and mainly MIG. The ideal candidate needs to be able to read bluprints/drawings, do the layout and fit/weld the pieces. The Welder/Fitter will also be finishing and grinding any pieces. Most of the pieces are for structural steel beams and columns.
*This is a Direct Hire job and not temporary.
Benefits of the Welder/Fitter:
- Compensation: $22.00-26.00 HR DOE
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM with OT
- After 60 days, benefits will be offered. They include health, vision & dental, paid holidays, and a Roth IRA with a company match. After one year, 1-week of paid vacation will be offered.
Responsibilities for the Welder/Fitter:
- The welder/fitter is responsible for welding structural parts together.
- Will be wire feed welding.
- Depending on blueprints and drawings, you will be fitting and welding pieces and will also be finishing and grinding the pieces as well.
- Will also be using a plasma cutter, overhead crane, or forklift as well.
Requirements for the Welder/Fitter:
- MIG welding experience required.
- Must be able to read blueprints and drawings.
- Welders must have their own hoods, gloves, and hand tools.
- Must be able to pass a weld test.
- Structural steel experience preferred but not required.
- Stable work history
- Positive attitude and reliability
- Be able to pass a drug test and background check.
Tuesday, April 26, 2022