Machinist / Fabricator
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
Looking to fill (4) positions in our machining department. Immediate needs for manual Vertical Turret Lathes VTL operators or large manual lathe operators. Experience is a plus but these positions can be trained for candidates from a strong metal fabrication background. These are permanent, full-time opportunities.
Benefits of the Machinist / Fabricator position include:
- Starting Wage: $16.00 - $29.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:30pm with OT available
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract-to-hire”
- Full benefits including health insurance, paid holidays, paid time-off and paid sick-days.
Responsibilities for the Machinist / Fabricator position include:
- Obtain fixtures, set-up tools, parts, and supplies intended for Manual Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL).
- Operate machines to remove material to achieve required dimensions.
- Perform finishing operations when required, such as deburring, tapping, honing, and bench work.
- Follow both written and verbal work instructions, use approved gages and tools to inspect parts to determine required material removal.
- May be required to participate in development projects for new programs or development of new repairs to existing programs.
Qualifications for the Machinist / Fabricator position include:
- Prefer one- two years machining experience on one, all, or a combination of; set up and operation of: Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL); Horizontal Boring Mills (HBM); Manual VTL; Vertical Grinders; Horizontal Grinders; Horizontal Engine Lathe; Vertical Grinders and Horizontal Grinders.
- Recent machining or welding program graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Set-up experience with tooling, fixtures with the ability to follow instructions per technical drawings or work instructions is critical.
- High school diploma, machinist trade school, or equivalent work experience is required.
- General work bench skills such as use of hand-held power tools, assembly and disassembly.
- Must have an appropriate set of tools based on your experience.
Thursday, March 7, 2019