Machinist / Hobbing Machinist
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Mansfield, OH
Immediate need for a Machinist / Hobbing Machinist that has experience setting up and running manual gear hobbing equipment. We will work with the right candidate to teach them our specific equipment if they know the principles of gear cutting and there are many opportunities for advancement within this ISO 9001 certified company.
If you are an experienced Gear Cutting / Hobbing Machinist and would like an opportunity to become a successful member of our team and be part of a long-established company with a nice work environment and excellent benefits, please reply to this listing.
Benefit Package for the Machinist / Hobbing Machinist candidate includes:
- Full Benefits including: health insurance, paid holidays, 401k, paid time-off, and a pension.
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “contract-to-hire” or “temp” position.
- Starting Wage: Most machinist average between $36,000 - $48,000 a year.
Basic Duties for the Machinist / Hobbing Machinist include:
- Set-up and run various manual gear cutting equipment for either Bevel or parallel axis gears in preparation for heat treat.
- Use gauges, calipers and mics to inspect equipment at set-up and throughout the run to assure the gear teeth conform to customer specifications and engineering requirements.
- Sharpen gear hobs as required to produce proper tooth configurations.
- Perform necessary inspections to ensure they comply with customer drawings and specifications.
- Work with company to suggest process and tooling changes to improved efficiency.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
Qualifications and skills required for the Machinist / Hobbing Machinist position:
- High School diploma or equivalency is required
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience setting up and using various gear cutting equipment preferably manual gear cutting / hobbing machines.
- Good mechanical ability and with good shop math skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and follow Customer and Engineering requirements.
- Previous experience using all appropriate measuring devices.
- Ability to learn while training with one of our senior machinist.
Monday, November 12, 2018