Journeyman Electrician ($30 to $36/hr DOE)
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
Currently seeking self-motivated, hard-working & honest journeyman Service Electrician. Must have experience in residential and/or light commercial service. Electrical Journeyman needs to have the Utah State license. Must also have a valid Utah driver’s license and "good" driving record.
Responsibilities of the Electrician / Service Electrician
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current Utah Journeyman electrician's license.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
Qualifications for the Electrician / Service Electrician:
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience as a residential/commercial electrician.
- Proven service and install experience in residential and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and Utah regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Valid Utah Journeyman Electrician license.
- Valid Utah driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have own tools.
- Previous solar installation and repair experience preferred.
Benefits for the Residential Electrician:
- Staring Wage: $30.00 – $36.00 an hour DOE
- Excellent benefit package
Monday, February 11, 2019