Fitter / Fabricator
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
Immediate need for a Fabricator/Welder/Fitter to lay out, fit, and weld fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts.
Benefits of the Fabricator / Welder / Fitter position include:
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Starting Wage: $18.00 - $22.00 an hour DOE
- This is a "direct-hire" opportunity and not a "contract-to-hire" or "temp" position.
- Full Benefits offered that include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Fabricator / Welder / Fitter position include:
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together. This may include bolts, clamps, and tack-welding of parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or stick welding equipment.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting. May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
Qualifications for the Fabricator / Welder / Fitter position include:
- High school diploma or GED plus 1-2 years related practical welding experience. Prefer production welding, fitting or fabrication experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints & documents such as instructions, procedure manuals and the ability to write routine reports or correspondence
- Must be able to communicate, both verbal and written, effectively with customers or other employees
- Strong with basic algebra & geometry with the ability to solve practical problems.
- Must own proper welding equipment based on experience.
- Must be adept at interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient using a computer and basic data entry skills.
Thursday, January 10, 2019