CNC Mill Machinist - $24.00 - $30.00 an hour DOE
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Willowbrook, IL
Currently seeking a motivated CNC Mill Machinist who will be responsible for programming, setup, and machining with a CNC mill along with the operation of sinker EDM machines,
Come train and work for a company the believes their employees are their biggest asset, and they want to make sure we continue to create a culture that is engaging, inspiring and rewarding to everyone on the team
Benefits of the CNC Mill Machinist:
- Starting Wage: $24.00 - $30.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 4:30pm
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or even “contract-to-hire” position.
Responsibilities for the CNC Mill Machinist position:
- Set up, edit, program and operate CNC mills used mostly for sinker EDM electrodes.
- Operate sinker EDM machines
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools
- Use micrometers, calipers, and other appropriate measuring tools to verify accuracy.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and engineering specifications to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished work piece, the sequence of operations that will be used to machine the parts and the set-up requirements
- Select appropriate fixtures, carriers, and sequence of operations to achieve the intended specification of the part
- Perform basic routine scheduled maintenance on wire machines and stay current on preventive maintenance
- Troubleshoot errors on machines
- Follow all company policies and procedures as applicable to position
Qualifications for the CNC Mill Machinist position:
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience set-up, edit and operating a CNC Mill for prototype or job-shop precision machining.
- Experience with set-up, edit and operating a sinker EDM preferred.
- Previous GD&T and G&M Code programming experience required. CadCam programming experience is a plus.
- Proficiency using manual measuring devices such as micrometer, calipers test sets, and gaging equipment is required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as dimensions, tolerance, etc.
- Ability to interpret drawings and related documents
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- Ability to collaborate with team members from various departments
Tuesday, December 11, 2018