Gearbox Mechanic / Mechanic Technician
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Macon, GA
Gearbox Mechanic / Mechanic Technician is sought for evaluating industrial gearboxes for the leading industrial process equipment supplier in the Southwest United States. The Gearbox Technician / Mechanic Technician will assist with all aspects of industrial gearbox inspection, reporting and quotation generation, repair process procedures, parts procurement and repaired gearbox quality control testing.
The Ideal candidate will possess a high-level of knowledge concerning industrial gearboxes or wind turbine components, upgrades, failure analysis, and other technical skills related to rebuilding, upgrading and replacing industrial gearboxes. This position involves close interaction with the repair shop, sales team, vendors, customers, and manufacturers. Excellent communication skills are required.
Benefits of the Mechanic Technician / Gearbox Mechanic position:
- Full benefits offered including health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time-off.
- This is a direct-hire opportunity with an employee owned company.
- Competitive salary - $50,000 - $60,000 DOE to start.
Responsibilities for the Mechanic Technician / Gearbox Mechanic position:
- Inspect and diagnose industrial gearboxes and components.
- This may include main shafts, pitch tubes, gears, bearings, gearing accessories, brake assemblies, shrink disks, lubrication and filter systems or module sections.
Qualifications for the Mechanic Technician / Gearbox Mechanic position:
- Successful candidates will have 4+ years of previous experience servicing, diagnosing or repairing industrial gearboxes or wind turbine components.
- Must be able to comprehend and create technical documentation, communicate effectively in a variety of situations, receive feedback and follow instructions in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office programs is required. Previous ERP software experience helpful.
- Proficiency with precision measuring equipment
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
Monday, November 12, 2018