Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Calera, AL
Currently seeking an experienced Mechanic to fill a position with a major supplier of lime, limestone and clay products to the North American marketplace. This Mechanic position is with a company that has a strong presence in most industries, including iron and steel, chemical production, water and flue gas treatment, agriculture, pulp & paper, glass, building materials and civil engineering.
Benefits of the Mechanic:
- Starting Wage: $25.00 - $35.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Paid Holidays, and more.
Responsibilities of the Mechanic:
- Must comply with company, state and governmental health and safety regulations at all times
- Must complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely manner
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance checks and report findings (both verbally and in writing)
- Must ensure all inventory parts are correctly charged from Stores as per LNA procedures
- Must be well versed in the installation and maintenance of all types of bearings
- Must possess a good knowledge of oil and grease seals and their applications
- Must possess a good knowledge of lubricants and their uses
- Must be able to perform shaft alignments using precision alignment tools
- Must be able to perform chain and sprocket installation and alignments
- Must be able to perform belt and sheave installation and alignment
- Must be able to disassemble and rebuild all types of crushing, screening, and conveying equipment
- Must possess a high level of rigging skills
- Must have experience and expertise in the installation of pneumatic and hydraulic piping systems including the use of proper fittings and connectors
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair all plant environmental equipment and demonstrate knowledge of baghouse operation
- Must be able to service and perform all types of repairs to air compressors presently in service
- Must possess and maintain a complete set of personal hand tools as per the LNA list
- Must be able to operate plant mobile equipment
- Must be qualified to weld in all four positions (certification)
- Must be proficient in all kinds of acetylene cutting and welding
- Should be able to perform thickness testing
- Should have a complete understanding of non-destructive testing
- Should possess some knowledge of the CMMS System and be willing to correctly complete work orders and checklists including signing and dating
Qualifications of the Mechanic:
- 3-5 years of mechanical experience including welding, equipment alignments, equipment troubleshooting, reading of blueprints and mechanical drawings.
- Previous heavy manufacturing and/or mining experience is heavily preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Steady work history.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and access tunnels.
- Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a lime/mineral environment.
- The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability to occasionally lift/carry 50 pounds.
Thursday, March 7, 2019