CNC Machinist - $18.00 - $28.00 an hour DOE
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Elk Grove Village, IL
An expanding machine shop is currently seeking a CNC Swiss Machinist for its 2nd shift. The primary focus of this machinist position will oversee the set-up, edit, programming and production of all the CNC Swiss machines, Star & Citizens, in the department.
We are looking for experienced machinists that can use their problem-solving skills, experience to oversee & help reduce scrap, improve efficiency, and create quality products in our Swiss department.
Come join a growing company with great machines, a fun team of people, and a great customer base.
Benefits of the Machinist / CNC Swiss Machinist position include:
- Starting Wage: $18.00 - $28.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday 4:30pm – 3:00am with available overtime
- Full Benefits including health insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and paid time-off.
- This is a “direct-hire opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract-to-hire” position.
Responsibilities of the Machinist / CNC Swiss Machinist position:
- Setup, operate and sometimes program Star & Citizen 10 or 7 axis CNC Swiss machines.
- Troubleshoot, edit, and optimize new production programs to ensure efficient overall production.
- Document new program changes and processes to ensure setups can be duplicated and overall production time is optimized.
- Oversee the quality of parts produced using manual measuring devices.
- Use of proper feeds and speeds while following all shop safety policies & procedures
Qualifications for the Machinist / CNC Swiss Machinist position:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Skill Trades Technology courses a plus.
- Previous Swiss machine experience is required whether you were an operator, set-up machinist or programmer, all levels of Swiss machining experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experience using manual measuring devices, such as calipers and micrometers is also required.
- Experience with setting the bar feed and speeds is necessary.
- GD & T Standards a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, orders and drawings.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to produce quality product efficiently without sacrificing quality.
Friday, November 30, 2018