New Construction Electrician
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
For this position, the electricians will be responsible for all aspects of installation and repairs of electric systems in new construction and renovation of family, apartment, condo and small commercial buildings.
Benefits for the New Construction Electrician include:
- Starting Wage: $16.00 - $26.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 1st shift
- Benefits are offered and include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time off.
Primary Responsibilities of the New Construction Electrician include:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical wiring, equipment (switchgear) and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Run and connect wires to circuit breakers or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, & components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems & continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Study and read building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe and wire installations, and to plan installation around obstructions.
Qualifications for the New Construction Electrician include:
- 1-10 years’ experience as a new construction electrician preferred.
- Current Utah Apprentice or Journeyman Electrician license in good standing is required.
- Ability to read blueprints, run conduit, wire and terminate devices, perform quality control testing and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of installing electrical systems in a new construction setting.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders, scaffolds or work in a scissor lift.
- Excellent communication skills -- ability to interact well with other electricians on the team.
- Possession of reliable transportation and tools based on your experience.
- Must hold a valid Utah driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to occasionally travel, work nights, weekends and overtime.
Friday, May 3, 2019