Trailer Mechanic - $18.00 - $26.00 an hour DOE
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
Currently seeking experienced Trailer Technician / Trailer Mechanics to join a fast growing but stable local Salt Lake trailer fabrication and service company.
The Trailer Mechanic / Trailer Technician is responsible for repairs and preventive maintenance of semi-truck trailers.
Benefits of the Mechanic / Trailer Mechanic position:
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm
- Excellent Pay: $18.00 - $26.00 an hour DOE to start - hourly, not "flat-rate" pay
- Full Benefits offered including health insurance, paid time-off and paid holidays.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Mechanic / Trailer Mechanic:
- Trailer technician performs preventative, repairs and corrective maintenance on semi-truck trailers.
- Repair air brakes, electrical, body damage and suspension systems.
- Analyze irregular tire wear and correct the root problem.
- Inspect & replace tires that are below the minimum tread depth.
- Trailer technician fabricates & welds chassis and other components to original specifications as needed.
- Ensure that all tasks are performed in a safe, professional and timely manner as to best represent the shop.
Qualifications for a Mechanic / Trailer Mechanic:
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years mechanic experience. Prefer truck or trailer experience.
- Troubleshoot & repair electrical & hydraulic issues experience is needed.
- Previous welding experience is preferred.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing brakes including ABS is required
- Repair & replace cross-members experience helpful
- Complete suspension repairs (shocks & air bags) experience is preferred
- Previous axle alignment experience is a plus
- Must have own tool and toolbox that correspond with experience.
Wednesday, February 20, 2019