Press Brake / Machine Operator - $18-$24 an hour DOE
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- West Valley City, UT
Currently seeking an experienced Press Brake / Machine Operator for a local Salt Lake metal fabrication shop.
A qualified applicant for this Press Break operator position will have 3+ years’ experience working with various metals and press brake machines. Experience using cnc mechanical and hydraulic press brake machines is preferred.
Benefits of the Press Brake / Machine Operator position include:
- Start Wage: $18:00 - $24.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday 4:00pm – 2:30am OT is available.
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity.
- Full Benefits offered including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
Details of the Press Brake / Machine Operator position:
- Ability to safely and efficiently use mechanical & hydraulic press brake machines.
- Check equipment processing programs against work orders, drawings and pick tickets.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tooling required for each job and part.
- Setup, operate and position all pieces into the machine to match customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of print reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of flat pattern layout.
- Check parts against calibrated devices to ensure the accuracy of bends.
- Load and operate the machine.
- Check quality against job specifications and report any deviation to the supervisor.
- Open to learning additional machinery and shop equipment.
- Capable of working in a team-oriented environment.
Requirements for the Press Brake / Machine Operator position:
- 3+ years’ experience with cnc mechanical & hydraulic press brake machines.
- 2+ years’ experience reading blueprints and cut sheets.
- CNC press experience is preferred. Laser cutter, sheer or other metal fabrication shop machine experience a plus.
- Experience using a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Steady work history.
Wednesday, March 20, 2019