SolidWorks Designer / Design Engineer - $50k - $70k
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- West Valley City, UT
A 30+ year old local precision metal fabrication shop is experiencing continued growth and has an immediate need for an experienced SolidWorks Designer / Design Engineer.
The SolidWorks Designer/ Design Engineer is responsible for designing and developing products from customer specifications, while working with shop personnel, methods, and the tools necessary to bring products to life while ensuring production procedures are efficiently utilized.
Benefits for the SolidWorks Designer / Design Engineer position include:
- Starting Salary: $50,000 - $70,000 DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract-to-hire” position
- Full benefits including health insurance, paid holidays, paid time-off and paid sick-days.
Responsibilities of the SolidWorks Designer / Design Engineer position include:
- Create 3D models and CAD drawings in SolidWorks from sketches, verbal instructions, or notes making sure to incorporate client standards in designs.
- Output designs for 3D isometric drawings, plan views, specifications, project bills of materials.
- Performs assignments requiring considerable initiative, resourcefulness, and drafting expertise.
- Ensures anticipated problems in manufacture, assembly, installation, and operation are resolved by the time the drawings are produced.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting BOM and knowledge of the design intent.
- Although working primarily as designer/engineer, may occasionally interpret general designs prepared by others to complete details.
Qualifications for the SolidWorks Designer / Design Engineer position include:
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years SolidWorks experience in a manufacturing environment. 3D modeling, drawings, assemblies, configurations, surface modeling experience are beneficial. Prefer sheet metal design experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or related discipline is a plus. High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Understanding of metal fabrication processes, manufacturing or shop experience and experience with sheet metal fabrication equipment helpful.
- Must possess solid mechanical troubleshooting abilities.
- Must demonstrate great oral and written communication skills and be extremely flexible regarding priority changes.
Monday, March 4, 2019