Electrical Engineer (Aerospace Machine Tooling)
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Rockford, IL, United States
Currently seeking an Electrical Engineer on behalf of our client, a leader in the development of advanced machine tools for the aerospace, transportation, energy, and other heavy industries. Highly visible, fast growing company with an extraordinary reputation!
The Electrical Engineer will be a self-starter and contributing team member. He or she will have strong design capabilities coupled with an ability to achieve schedule, budget and quality objectives and possess the ability to design electrical systems for CNC and/or PLC control systems.
Benefits of the Electrical Engineer position:
- Highly competitive compensation package.
- Full benefits offered that include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time-off.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
- Create schematics using AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Identify the specific cables, connectors, fuses, circuit breakers and/or other electrical devices for established projects.
- Work closely with vendors in identifying the appropriate equipment necessary to complete the project.
- Create and document cabinet design layouts including drive, drive connections, power modules, CNC and PLC modules, and terminal wiring within each box.
- Create and maintain all BOM and ENOC’s associated with all electrical parts
- Documents designs using the appropriate format (CAD drawings, Schematics, Computer Source Code) as required by the project.
- May have responsibility for testing and validation of designs.
- Develop specifications for purchased equipment.
- Support the start-up of projects on-site.
- Work across function lines to support all “Controls” related functions such as logic development, and documentation completion.
- 5% travel is required for this position.
Qualifications for the Electrical Engineer position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or equivalent
- Working knowledge of FANUC, Siemens hardware platform is a plus
- General knowledge of machine tool types, their function and typical machining process is a plus.
- Knowledge of common US and International Electrical Codes are pluses.
- Must be a self-starter who can perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to develop complex designs.
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment is required.
- Ability to work to a schedule and budget is required.
- A basic foundation in the mathematics and calculations for the design of electrical systems is required.
- Must have the ability to design electrical systems for CNC and/or PLC control systems.
- Experience with Computer Engineering Tools for electrical system design is desired.
Friday, February 8, 2019