Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- West Valley City, UT
Currently looking for a reliable Industrial Painter to fill an opening with a commercial finishing company located in Salt Lake City, UT. The Industrial Painter’s responsibilities include moving items to be painted to the correct area, prepping the items to be painted and applying the paint to the products
Benefits for the Industrial Painter position:
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday 6:00am – 4:00pm
- Starting Wage: $18.00 - $25.00 an hour DOE
Responsibilities for the Industrial Painter position include:
- Prepare units for painting by cleaning, sand blasting, sanding surfaces and masking as specified.
- Paint surfaces of metal parts using spray painting equipment adhering to specific surface preparation and painting techniques.
- Apply a variety of coatings including enamels, epoxies, urethanes and military coatings from various paint manufacturers.
- Mix paint precisely to manufacturer and customer specifications.
- Remove inconsistencies or imperfections using grinders, hand tools and sanders.
- Inspect parts using and interpreting inspection equipment, such as anchor profile gages, dry film thickness gages to verify finish requirements are met.
- Accurately document and record all required data needed to comply with each specification.
- Operate spray booth, oven and ventilation system per specific instructions.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
Requirements for the Industrial Painter position:
- Minimum of 1-2 years job experience with paint application in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- 1-2 years minimum industrial or manufacturing sandblasting experience
- Experience with various paint including enamel and 2-part epoxy
- Must be able to operate air, airless painting tools and equipment to obtain proper paint thickness and surface finish
- Must be able to understand and carry out detailed instructions
- Must be able to wear respirator with certification
Monday, November 12, 2018