Journeyman Electrician ($30 to $36/hr DOE)
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
Currently seeking self-motivated, hard-working & honest journeyman Residential Service Electrician.
Must have experience in residential and/or light commercial service. Electrical Journeyman needs to have the Utah State license. Must also have a valid Utah driver’s license and "good" driving record.
Benefits for the Residential Electrician / Service Electrician:
- Starting Wage: $30.00 – $36.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Excellent benefit package that includes health, vision & dental insurance, paid time-off, 401k, and paid holidays.
Responsibilities of the Residential Electrician / Service Electrician include:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current Utah Journeyman electrician's license.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
Qualifications for the Residential Electrician / Service Electrician include:
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience as a journeyman residential/commercial electrician.
- Proven service and install experience in residential and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and Utah regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Valid Utah Journeyman Electrician license.
- Valid Utah driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have own tools.
- Previous solar installation and repair experience preferred.
Friday, June 7, 2019