Manual Machinist - $22.00 - $26.00
Xemplar Tradesmen Recruiting
- Salt Lake City, UT
Looking to fill a position in the 1st shift manual machining department. Immediate need for a manual Vertical Turret Lathes VTL operators or large manual machine operators.
Experience is required along with a strong metal fabrication background.
Benefits of the Machinist / Manual Machinist position include:
- Starting Wage: $22.00 - $26.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Full benefits including health insurance, paid holidays, paid time-off and paid sick-days.
Responsibilities for the Machinist / Manual Machinist position include:
- Obtain fixtures, set-up tools, parts, and supplies intended for Manual Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL) & other large manual machines.
- Operate machines to remove material to achieve required dimensions.
- Perform finishing operations when required, such as deburring, tapping, honing, and bench work.
- Follow both written and verbal work instructions, use approved gauges and tools to inspect parts to determine required material removal.
Qualifications for the Machinist / Manual Machinist position include:
- Prefer a minimum of 2-4 years manual machining experience on one, all, or a combination of; set up and operation of: Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL); Horizontal Boring Mills (HBM); Manual VTL; Manual Lathes, Vertical Grinders; Horizontal Grinders; Horizontal Engine Lathe; Vertical Grinders and Horizontal Grinders.
- Recent manual machining or welding program graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Set-up experience with tooling, fixtures with the ability to follow instructions per technical drawings or work instructions is critical.
- High school diploma, machinist trade school, or equivalent work experience is required.
- General work bench skills such as use of hand-held power tools, assembly and disassembly.
- Proficient with reading blueprints and shop math is required.
Friday, May 13, 2022