Diesel Mechanic / Lead Mechanic
Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Salt Lake City, UT
Immediate need for an experienced Maintenance Shop Lead or Lead Mechanic. The Maintenance Shop Lead monitors, coordinates and improves the condition, safety, and functionality of all company trucks and trailers, flatbeds & dry vans, that make their way into the shop for preventive maintenance or repairs. They may also jump in to help with a tractor or trailer repair.
Benefits of the Maintenance Shop Lead / Lead Diesel Mechanic position include:
- Starting Salary: $70k - $90k DOE
- Schedule - Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Full benefits are offered that include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time off.
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities for the Maintenance Shop Lead / Lead Diesel Mechanic position include:
- Reinforce and demonstrate a strong commitment to Safety by addressing any unsafe behaviors, auditing for safety compliance, and ensuring all drivers & visitors are safe.
- Accountable for all equipment availability & repair decisions for company owned and driver leased units.
- Regular communication across all business segments to prioritize workflow and maximize equipment availability as operational dynamics fluctuate.
- Directly involved in managing the accuracy on parts inventory.
- Responsible for regular communication with associates to include sharing the team’s performance metrics, and corporate updates.
- Assist with development of performance goals for the shop as a whole and for individuals. Create and execute action plans associated with those goals.
Requirements for the Maintenance Shop Lead / Lead Diesel Mechanic position include:
- A Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working as diesel, trailer, equipment and/or heavy equipment technician is required. A Minimum of 1-3 years’ previous experience lead or managing a team in a fleet repair environment is also required.
- Previous TMT Fleet Maintenance Software experience is a plus along with AS400 experience
- College degree and/or trade school / technical training highly desirable.
- Exceptional communication, computer, and organizational skills are required.
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A driver’s license.
- Mechanical experience that includes or knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics.
- Fleet maintenance management experience in a metric driven environment is essential.
Friday, February 15, 2019