Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- West Valley City, UT
Immediate need for entry-level or 1-2-year experienced diesel techs to work for a major transportation company here in the West Valley area. Students attending the diesel program at SLCC or Davis Technology College are highly encouraged to apply.
If you are a positive and highly-motivated individual who possess the talent, creativity and drive to excel in a technician position, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Come work for a company built on the simple, yet significant philosophy that providing the best staff with the best equipment, the best support system and the best training ultimately leads to the best job satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the Trainee / Entry-Level Diesel Tech position include:
- Diagnoses mechanical failures and repairs tractors and tractor components according to manuals, factory specifications, and knowledge of engine performances, using hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments: Attaches compression, ignition, and timing test instruments to certain parts of tractor, using clamps and hand tools.
- Starts engine dials and reads meters and gauges of testing equipment to diagnose engine malfunction.
- Inspects parts for damage, and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts for conformance to factory specifications, using gauges, such as calipers, and micrometers.
- Replaces or repairs worn or damaged parts.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, tightens body bolts, aligns wheels, and tunes engine.
- May weld defective trailer body, door or frame parts
- Performs routine maintenance and repairing malfunctions.
- Will perform DOT inspections, brake inspections, and inspections of advanced safety system.
- Applicant must be able to lift and carry 75lbs and push and pull 50lbs.
Qualifications for the Trainee / Entry-Level Diesel Tech position include:
- Any combination of diesel or automotive service/repair education, training, and experience.
- Must have a strong stable work history.
- Candidate must be able to acquire their own basic tools and toolbox by the end of the training period (approximately 60 to 90 days).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required;
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid Utah driver’s license and clean driving record.
Benefits of the Trainee / Entry-Level Diesel Tech position include:
- Starting wage $15.00 - $20.00 an hour DOE
- Weekly Pay
- Four days on/then four days off rotating schedule - 6:00pm – 6:00am
- Full Benefits offered that include health, dental & vision insurance, paid Holidays, 401k with a 20% match and paid time off.
Monday, December 10, 2018