Xemplar Workforce Solutions
- Provo, UT
The Grinder / Metal Finisher position is responsible for setting up and operating hand-held grinders to clean welds and finish steel manufactured products.
We are looking for a dependable, honest, self- starter who is willing to work at a fast pace and manage his/her time effectively. Must have great manual dexterity and a good eye for symmetry.
Benefits of the Grinder / General Labor position:
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Starting Wage: $13.00 – 15.00 an hour DOE
- Full benefits offered that include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k, paid time off, a profit-sharing program, department incentive pay, and employee life insurance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of the Grinder / General Labor position include:
- Must listen effectively, possess a positive attitude, and cooperate with team members.
- Grinder role is responsible for removing any excess metal from welds by chipping, grinding, or vibrating them off.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Must be prompt & reliable
- Able to stand while working for up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to work with arms at waist level for extended periods of time
- Practice high level of safety at all times.
- Willing to cross train to use other machines within the department.
Qualifications for the Grinder / General Labor position include:
- High school or GED degree.
- Previous power tool or machine shop experience. Preference is for previous grinding experience.
- Experience in operating a grinder, sander or band saw is a plus but is NOT necessary. We will train a motivated candidate.
- Able to read and understand English and do basic shop math.
- Like working with your hands to help finish manufactured products.
- Able to work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable wearing safety glasses and gloves throughout your entire shift.
Tuesday, December 4, 2018