Industrial Cybersecurity Engineer
Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc.
- Seattle, WA
Role: Industrial Cyber security Sales Engineer
(Xtra Effort has introduced other strong employees to this client. These employees have been very satisfied)
Locations: New York/New Jersey
Company value proposition: discovers all the NON-traditional IT networks within an industrial or utility complex and protects them.
What makes them special in plain English:
IT and Information Security executives are now also responsible to protect a plant, factory, or utility’s operational networks. A classic IT network security technology can’t interpret all the information it is sharing with the IT and cyber security teams, and the IT/Cyber security people don’t know enough about a utility, plant, or manufacturing operation to interpret either. The potential result withOUT our client’s technology:
- IT/Cyber security overlooks the opportunity to prevent catastrophic failure
- IT/Cyber security over react and cause major disruption over insignificant occurrences, i.e.,”false positives”
Our client’s software has the industrial and utility controls knowledge built into to interpret what needs attention (and where, etc.) and what does not. Now cyber security and IT executives are empowered to be effective in protecting non-IT, mission critical assets in a timely fashion. For the first time they have a technology that can support their budget, responsibility, and good intentions; and relieve them and their organizations of catastrophic risk.
Why the timing is right for this role and company:
- The frequency and size of disruptive geo political events on mission critical facilities is greater than ever
- Enterprises recognize the need to invest in protection
- Our client’s technology is successfully deployed at globally recognized installations around the world (i.e., Coca Cola, Chevron, Pfizer, etc.), proven to add value
- They have proven to be effective in deploying a slice of their protection offerings across an entire facility, and then expand their sales thereafter by offering several additional compelling technologies thereafter. Great opportunity for a “Land and expand” client management
- They are experiencing considerable growth
- Perform product demonstrations
- Technical point of contact for assigned clients.
- Perform training for partners and clients.
- Perform onsite assessment activities, observations, technical configuration reviews, and personal interviews. Perform work ranging across several industries, including water or wastewater, mining, oil and gas, energy, and defense.
- Perform risk assessments on ICS/SCADA environments, security control validation, network architecture or engineering recommendations, security documentation development, and general administrative or management tasks.
- Deploy security solutions at customer premises.
- Serve as part of an integrated team of engineers and cybersecurity experts, helping to expand technology's capability.
- Use knowledge of control systems and industrial engineering to assist with the secure design of ICS/SCADA environments.
- Product training for Partners and customers.
- Deep experience working with global customers
- Strong hands-on experience in technical infrastructure
- Deep networking knowledge and experience - CCNA certified preferred
- RFP/RFI responses
- Experience with python / Rest API / integration projects - advantage
- Experience with OT environments and work methods - advantage
- Experience working in a Cyber Security company
- Strong relationship management and team skills
- Presentation and training skills
- Experience working with global teams on multiple projects and programs
- Strong ability to multitask with a proven track record of execution on initiatives/programs
- Adaptability, flexibility, positive energy and integrity
- Founded 2014
- Over $85m in VC funding
- Awards for technology and entrepreneurial success, including recognition from Wall Street Journal, Gartner, and Frost and Sullivan
- Partnerships: Cisco, Accenture, Siemens, Schneider, and Rockwell
- Over 300 clients
Friday, January 17, 2020