Strategic Account Manager
Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc.
- NY, DC, NY, DC
Role: Strategic Account Manager, managing 10-15 strategic accounts and $10m to $15m in annual revenue. Each account has at least $200k to $10m in revenue or is a global brand that warrants a SAM’s attention despite being less than $200k in annual revenue
Compensation: up to $120k base salary, and $150k+ On Target Earnings depending upon experience
Solution Offering: data and analytic technologies to improve enterprise marketing and risk management/fraud prevention effectiveness
- 20+ years in business
- 2000 employees
- Over 700 accounts
- $250m +-
- Sample clients: Google, Ticketmaster, Allstate, Aetna, globally recognized banks, Lenovo, Zappos
Competitive advantages: recognized for having the most current, largest, and accurate data set; best in class customer-specific data management hygiene and analytic services; high client satisfaction and retention
Role is accountable to:
- Service as a communication liaison to Sales and support
- Recognizing and closing upsell business, or sharing the leads with Sales to close (more often)
- Proactively manage a base of existing accounts and be responsible for defending revenue and driving allegiance within those accounts through understanding a client’s business needs, issues, strategies and priorities.
- Responsible for coordination and deliver of QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews) with clients where applicable.
- Coordinate all internal resources necessary to ensure any client issues- service, billing, technical, etc…are resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Expand relationships within existing accounts and help uncover incremental revenue opportunities and additional ways to enable clients to get value out of licensed services, partnering with sales on any new business opportunities.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies & competitors.
- Electronically maintain notes, forecast, and pipeline in Salesforce.com as it relates to all clients
- Partner with appropriate sales executive and sales resources to support up-sell, cross-sell, and new business within a book of accounts
- Maintain and grow account relationships using the telephone, email, and travel to the assigned client location.
- Creation and maintenance of account management plans in coordination with all client-facing resources
- Ongoing education of clients on products, events, thought leadership, etc.
Why the company and role are exciting:
- The Account Management team has near 100% employee retention, including several who have been promoted to manage bigger accounts (i.e., from Enterprise to Strategic) to manage a team of Enterprise Account Managers. This role is an expansion role, not a replacement
- Account Manager’s receive sales-related compensation on business to existing clients, regardless of whether they are involved in the cross-sell and upsell. Same for Sales. This assures everyone is doing what is best for the client’s satisfaction and engagement.
- Very talented and supportive team members
- Account Management team has made their collective retention and sales number three years in a row
- Super supportive relationships between Sales and Account Management
- Recognized as having the best technology, solutions, and service in the industry
- Presidents Club trips can be earned, a guest is included in the trip to such first-class resorts as the Ritz at St. Thomas, etc
Required Candidate background:
- Account Management/Customer Success experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years’ experience supporting conceptual services in a highly technical and complex selling environment
- Knowledge of the consumer services and direct-to-consumer space and relationships therein and/or experience selling marketing analytics solutions are required.
- Experience managing the entire sales cycle, from identifying a need to developing the solution and seeing the sale through implementation.
- Consultative sales acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relations skills desired
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated track record of retaining $10M+ in client revenue
- Fluent in negotiating complex agreements and communicating technical concepts
- Strong face-to-face presentation and facilitation skills
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, high energy, deliberate delivery, focused on winning and on client success
- Ability to champion new ideas, initiate change, think “outside of the box,” and drive innovation
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to articulate value propositions to clients, peers, and management
- Ability to unite internal teams for effective and logical problem-solving.
- Ability to multitask and work creatively to resolve client issues.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Potential for travel up to 25% of the time
- Experienced with multi-million revenue responsibilities
- Experience with large accounts
- Experience supporting the customers of marketing, data analytics technology or service companies, including from the following segments:
-DMP: data management
-MTA: multi touch attribution
-MMM: media mix modeling
-Unified measurement solution
Candidate Acceptable Locations: NY, DC
Sunday, January 26, 2020