- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is a global software and technology company that is moving its headquarters to downtown Los Angeles. The company is hiring a VP level Controller to manage accounting for is SaaS divisions.
This Controller manages the team responsible for all Accounting and Reporting activities. In addition, the Controller provides executive-level counsel on strategic management decisions.
In addition to providing timely and accurate financial reporting and performing analysis ensuring financial integrity/accuracy, the Controller will also ensure that the company maintains quality internal controls and also liaise with auditors to ensure successful completion of the Company's annual audits.
- Responsible for accounting close cycle, including quarter-end reviews and year-end audits.
- Establish credit policies and manage credit procedures.
- Identify opportunities for the organization to improve its financial and competitive position by monitoring industry changes, analyzing expansion, consolidation, or divestment opportunities.
- Ensure positive relationships with creditors and employees by establishing and supervising the management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable departments.
- Function as the liaison between the organization and financial institutions.
- Ensure compliance with public corporation regulatory filings and participates in the preparation of the organization’s annual report.
- Direct the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, audit schedules and supporting documentation for external auditor review.
- Hire, train and mentor/develop accounting staff.
- Manage the accounting system, re-engineering and integration of accounting processes.
- Review, assess and update internal controls and policies.
- Maintain relationships with bank officers, investment advisers and ensuring proper valuation and financial statement presentation.
- Active CPA license.
- Five or more years of experience in a multi-national public company.
- Five or more years of experience as Controller or Assistant Controller.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting and SOX Compliance.
- Experience managing a team.
- Oracle or Oracle Fusion experience is a plus.
- M&A related activities including due diligence, supporting purchase accounting, and post-acquisition integration.
- Experience with ASC 606 Revenue Recogntion required. Experience with ASC 842 (Leases) is a plus
- Hands-on skills in general accounting, account analysis, reconciliations, financial reporting.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing and implementing financial systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to solve complex problems.
Thursday, June 6, 2019
$225,000 to $250,000 + bonus